- Kihei 4 Monkeypod trees saved from removal with community support and are now Kihei’s first Maui County Exceptional Trees
- Lahaina Monkeypod tree on Front street saved from removal with the combined efforts of Maui Green & Beautiful (MGB), tree experts Ernie Rezents and Steve Nimz, Maui County Public Works Department and community members
- Baldwin Avenue Exceptional Trees of Maui County: we continue our cleaned up efforts for all 97 of the beautiful Rainbow Shower trees
- Baldwin Avenue Greenway-continuing efforts to establish a safe greenway for non-motorized traffic
- Kalama Park in Kihei trees from our 2010 planting continue to be maintained
- Haleakala Highway Jacaranda from our 2009 planting are blooming! We continue maintenance of these lovely spring trees.
- Environmental Court established in the State of Hawaii
We supported Keep Hawaiian Islands Beautiful efforts in bringing this to the state of Hawaii. KHIB and our own Director, Jan Dapitan, began efforts in 2008 to establish this court.
- Proposed Tree Ordinances – testify and support proposed tree ordinances on parking lot shade and protecting trees from being removed without community input-Councilmember Robert Carroll
- Tree Concern Communication We assist the community with their concerns of proposed tree removals by establishing communication between tree pruning companies and MGB.
- TreeCircus – We sponsored this e National Tree Educational Program for schools -sponsored by MG&B on Maui
- Malama the Trees free educational tree conference for the community and the tree professionals – was the 4th conference held. Co-sponsors: UH Maui College, Aloha Arborist Association, and Maui Association of Landscape Professionals
- Tree Workshops from WCISA/AAA-co-sponsored by MGB
- Maui County Arborist committee-monthly attendance at meetings to support efforts of this important committee
- Educating the community in sign ordinances
- Exceptional Tree Tours- Upcountry 2012, West Side & Fleming Arboretum at Pu’u Mahoe 2014
- Friends of Kanaha – We continue working together with other community groups to protect the outstanding natural resources of Kanaha Pond and Beach Park.
- University of Hawaii Maui Scholarship-provides a yearly scholarship
- South Maui Dry Land Forest-supports and testified for larger land preservation-2013
- Participating in Maui Nui Botanical Gardens Earth Day, Arbor Day events, Maui Association of Landscape Professionals Annual Lawn & Garden Fair and other community events
- News articles for tree care and tree concerns
- Tree Concern Communication-assisting the community with their concerns of proposed tree removals -establishing communication between tree pruning companies and MG&B
- Big Tree Nomination-March 2014-for a Wiliwili tree in South Maui Dry Land Forest
- Converted from branch (Maui Outdoor Circle) to an independent 501(c)3, Fed ID#46-4790636
- Established website and domain name www.mauibeautiful.org
- Facebook new look Maui Green & Beautiful
- New email: firstname.lastname@example.org